Tuesday 18 November 2008

shopping mostly, and an exciting poo

I've given myself an ebay ban, but it's proving almost impossible to keep to. All those things that I'm sure I really, really need, if only I could just have a little peek... but no, I mustn't. It's a waste of time, money and another good reason that I can't remember. Still I'm managing to get some vicarious retail therapy in by having Mum around, which I'll tell you about in a bit.
The only really exciting thing that happened today is that Twin 2 did a poo on the potty. We were all so thrilled that we just had to phone up Hubby and tell him. He is in Pokhara with Dad. They are going on a three-day trek together, for a jolly old bit of father-in-law/son-in-law bonding. Good luck to them both! 
Hubby was muttering darkly on the phone about getting drunk and going to see the dancing dwarfs. Which should be a reet ol' laff, with my seventy-four-year-old father. 
Mum is happy to miss out on dancing dwarfs and scaling peaks. She just wants to shop. I asked her this morning if she wanted to go to a famous temple with great views over the city, but she said she didn't give a stuff and would rather max out on her visa card (I am paraphrasing, of course). 
There haven't been too many tuts or frowns indicating my lax parenting skills either - luckily kids have all had their charming pants on all week. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't go for the double whammy and fall out with her as well.
So tomorrow we are off into town again, to buy silver necklaces, fleeces and bicycle clips (today we bought fossils, jewelry boxes and pashminas). By the time Mum has finished her xmas shopping, there will be tumbleweed rolling through the streets of Kathmandu, as the shop owners loll on their yachts in the Caribbean.


No comments: