Wednesday 5 November 2008

ps - I might have amoebic dysentery. Really excited about the prospect as I remember learning about it in 'o' level biology. After the last exploding bottom incident, I had to give a 'hot stool' sample (which basically means it's straight from the lavvie to the lab), which felt pretty dramatic - and I managed to impress our doctor by being able to poo on demand, although it's not difficult when you have diohrea (apologies for spelling). Anyway, the results appeared to show that I have dysentry. The doctor is sceptical though, as I look a bit too healthy, so today I had to do yet another poo in a pot to present to the med centre. I am hoping that it is dysentry, because last time I was abroad for any length of time I was boringly healthy, whilst everyone else seemed to contract typhoid/guardia/malaria. 
Still, I have just bought slipper socks for the whole family so at least we can rule out the whole cold-feet-causing-runny-poo theory posited by our housekeeper.

No comments: