Tuesday 3 March 2009

I’m writing this in the vain hope that at some point I will have an online connection – but who knows when? I’ve assumed that the internet goes off when there is a power cut at the service provider’s. Not sure if this is true. However, Hubby has just told me that Nepal’s reliance on hydro-electric power, and the lack of rainfall recently, means that Kathmandu only has twenty days of power left. If that’s true, I wonder what will actually happen? Will the country just slowly grind to a halt? Anyway, you won’t be able to find out from me, because I’ll be posting diddly squat on this site.
And no more online shopping, either. Good job I have already won my super fat-busting-anti-cellulite-sandals on e-bay. They should be on their way, hurrah. Going to the gym is making me fitter, but I remain fairly lardy so am hoping that this will be my salvation. They are based on the whole ‘Masai Barefoot Technology’ concept. I’ve never noticed any Masai with a cellulite issue (not that I’ve seen many Masai recently), so they may be onto something. Not sure if I also have to survive on a diet of milk and blood as well – I’m sure there will be a little leaflet with them explaining other handy weight-loss tips, like becoming nomadic, having your tribal lands encroached on, and gaining sub-Saharan residency. Anyway, I’m eagerly awaiting their delivery. It can’t come soon enough, as Driver number three is looking increasingly fed-up, so I may be forced to walk everywhere soon (he asked for a pay rise, I said ‘no’ but offered great references should he choose to apply for a better-paid job elsewhere – he has had a face-on ever since).
At some point this will get online, but I just want you to know that I wrote it on Monday!

No comments: