Friday 28 August 2009

I am a sociopath

So, I was offered a girls' night out on the town and I turned it down in favour of watching an eight-month-old episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks on DVD with Hubby and a glass of flat lager (yeah, in the DVD vs hanky panky dilemma, the DVD definitely won tonight. What, watch a DVD and have hanky panky? Are you utterly insane? That would really be burning the candle at both ends now, wouldn't it?). Does this mean I am finally joining Hubby in turning into a grumpy old sociopath? Or is it merely that I just could not be arsed to have to wash my hair and put on high heels, when there was the option of a comfy sofa and an early night? When I am old (and wear purple, etc.) I shall certainly regret this. However, right now I'm quite looking forward to a nice long kip and not feeling like death in the morning.
Tell me I'm not the only saddo who feels this way...

2 comments:

allijulivert said...

When you are old (I see you more in fuchsia than purple-with-a-red-hat-that-doesn't-go, but maybe that's cos I remember you from 1983) you will be out on the town with the girls. And didn't you go out every evening last week?

Amy Waif said...

yes, I did, pretty much, but mainly in a tame 'two Pimms and no hangover' type way. Mmm fuscia, how I loved that colour. I remember a very special fuscia pink tube skirt that was so tight i kept falling over in it. Still, when you are old, I see you in DMs with a short-back-and sides!