Monday 9 March 2009

you shall go to the ball!

Well, I’m not sure what kind of a night our friends had at home with six kids, but the ball was actually very civilised and pleasant – not a bare buttock in sight. There was, however, a dwarf walking round dressed as a peacock, which apparently is a traditional Nepali thing, but just seemed downright weird. There were no snake-charmers, though. Apparently the snakes are all hibernating at the moment and won’t wake up, not even for the epic grandeur and scintillating, erm, stuff, that is the BGN ball. The deputy chief of staff was said to be very disappointed with the snakes. I would have thought that if she had had a word with them, they would have woken up. There is something about the tone of her voice that not even a semi-comatose cobra could readily ignore.

Hubby and I were terribly restrained and were in bed by midnight. We were awake again at six – out of habit – but felt very decadent having a lie-in until eight. Oh the joy of drinking tea in bed and watching Indian MTV. Tragic how easily pleased I am these days. Then we went to the gym and sat in the Jacuzzi for a bit before having the mother-of-all breakfasts.
And I didn’t even nick that much from the room before we left: just the soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, toothpaste and fruit from the fruit bowl. I left the sewing kit and the shoe cleaning kit– can’t have the staff thinking I’m a total pikey, can I?

No comments: