Wednesday 16 September 2009

Feel I should write something tonight. Actually, think I might do a bit of light internet shopping instead (honestly, I have nothing to say - not that that makes any difference usually, I know). Today I spent what felt like forever, but was in fact two hours, at a fifth birthday party, and then I had to drive home (no driver), and then I had to cook supper (cook is off on compassionate leave because her husband is in hospital). We still haven't managed to recruit a gardener, either - feels like the world is falling apart around me. Hence need for retail therapy. Tootle pip x

4 comments:

allijulivert said...

Nice one! I drive myself and cook everyday. Didn't realise this entitled me to daily retail therapy - perhaps I should pop onto amazon instead of reading tonight ;)

Amy Waif said...

yes, it absolutely entitles you if the roads are full of potholes, suicidal pedestrians and motorbikes and there are no traffic rules whatsoever. I could go on...Anyway, all I did was buy some interesting kids detangling spray and shampoo and stuff from Boots. Really need to get a life!

allijulivert said...

:( knew there had to be a catch. Is it really worthwhile to order stuff like that online or do you get free postage or something?

Amy Waif said...

well, you can't get detangling spray out here and twins hair is candyfloss, and then I thought there's no point paying six quid postage just for detangly stuff, so I just had to get some other exciting things too. At least the teacher and teaching assistants are now guaranteed xmas presents, thanks to Boots' helpful three for two mix n' match xmas offer!