Friday 4 December 2009

Friday I'm in love

Feeling rubbish, much worse than when I had swine flu the other week. So fed up with having chapped nostrils and snot on permanent send.
Anyway, enough moaning. I'm off in a bit to get some reflexology and spend lots of money on cashmere (Hubby's Xmas jumper plus four pashminas for cousin's relatives - who are actually also relatives of mine, too, I suppose). The cashmere man will love me and hopefully give me a big fat discount next time I want to buy something for myself.
After that I'm off to school for the assembly, because Twin 1 is being presented with a 'fifty house points' certificate. She's been banging on about it all week, so I have to be there to witness her moment of glory on stage. Not quite sure how she has managed to get fifty house points though. We had a parents' evening earlier this week and the teacher tried, in a diplomatic and professional way, to point out that Twin 1 is a stubborn bossyboots who refuses to accept when she's in the wrong. Of course the teacher didn't actually say that, but we knew what she meant when she said she hadn't ticked the box for 'can distinguish between right and wrong' because she felt that was a target that Twin 1 was still working towards...
Twin 2, on the other hand, can distinguish between right and wrong, but apparently has no concept of what a repeating pattern is, or how to use a pair of scissors.
I can't really take it all that seriously because they are only FOUR. At their age, Son hadn't even started school, so having targets, boxes to tick and parents' evenings all seems a bit silly to me.
I'm quite sure that by the time they leave home to go to university, Twin 2 will know how to use a pair of scissors and Twin 1 will have some rudimentary idea of morality.
Cousin is still here - looks like he might have Swine Flu - we can only hope that he will be well enough to board the plane tomorrow.
Anyway, it's Friday and I'm in love. Not sure love is reciprocated though as Hubby can't bear to have romantic dealings with anyone as chapped and snotty as me.
Right, should get some lippy on and get down the cashmere shop, I suppose!
Bye for now x

No comments: