Friday 14 January 2011

yikes!

One of the nice mums in the playground offered me her washable breast pads for trekking. Very generous offer, but I do in fact have a hideous red lace padded thing, which gives a nice Diana Dors - style silhouette (although actually much smaller - my boobs aren't that big). Did you know that my sister once sold Diana Dors a pair of flip-flops? I know, I'm practically a celebrity. If I was in the UK I could get in touch with the editor of Heat and I'd be on "I'm a celebrity.." or whatever is on the telly these days, before you could say "D-list no mark". Anyway, I'm not, so I shall be doing the Nepali version of being 'lost' in the jungle, which involves being lost up the Himalayas instead. It's not the endless walking up steps into even thinner air, or the weeing in revolting holes in the ground, or even spending a week without my lovely family. It's just the prospect of cold nipples that makes me nervous... I should probably stop talking about nipples now, shouldn't I? Soz.
Kids have some friends round for a play date. I'm keeping out of the way of the horror. Luckily Twin 2 has only fallen over and bumped her head once so far. It's all getting increasingly manic and shouty now, though. Think I'll stay in hiding a bit longer...
Packing all done. Might have a stiff drink after supper so that I can sleep tonight. Transport at seven tomorrow morning.
Better be good mother and go and check on kids' welfare, I suppose.
Cheerio x
ps - Just in case the next week involves a Himalayan plane crash/earthquake/avalanche (delete as appropriate), thanks for reading the blog and it was nice knowing you! xxx

No comments: