Sunday 9 January 2011

life's u-bend continues...

Hello, here I am, still in bed, stuck in life's u-bend. I haven't been here all the time since Thursday, although the whole three quilts thing does make it tempting. However I did manage to get a semi-lie in today, by persuading the Twins to get into bed and listen to me reading them Pippi Longstocking, but by nine in the morning, they were both saying, "But Mummy we are really hungry for breakfast", so I had to leave the warmth and security of the three quilts behind.
Friday night was lovely M's birthday, went out for a meal. Hubby stayed behind, muttering darkly about being lonely - can't think why, as he would have been fast asleep by the time we even ordered our starters. He's generally snoring by 8.30 pm these days.
Today, after the semi-lie-in, I took the kids out so that Hubby could do a spot of MBA work. But where to take kids on a Sunday morning? Settled on the organic market at the Moksh bar - it was like a little slice of Portobello Road transported to Kathmandu: posh hippies, world music, chunky jewellery stalls and overpriced organic fare. We bought organic Polish sausage for our lunch, which looked quite nice, cost lots, but actually tasted a bit rank. Still, at least Gary was happy with his lunch for a change, as he got the leftovers (he has been very sniffy about his food these days, ever since we changed his diet from buff mince and rice to dry dog food), he even broke into a trot on the way to his bowl, which, for a dog of his size and laziness, is quite something. The last time I saw him that animated was when he 'ran' away (I use the term 'ran' quite loosely here, it was more of a nifty amble) up the road, on a mission to bite the yappy dog next door who wears a coat (I'm quite sad he didn't succeed, actually, as I think the spoilt little canine misfit could only benefit from a big chunk of flesh being gnawed from his back by an irritated Tibetan mastiff).
This afternoon we went swimming. Yes, I know, in the middle of winter! The cover was over and the water was twenty eight degrees, apparently (I'm not sure if that's true as I was too much of a chicken to get in myself - think I'll wait until it's also twenty eight degrees outside the pool before I think about donning a bikini). So, the swimming season is back on, and it was a great excuse for me to do some Amazon shopping this evening, because of course all my little darlings will now need new swimsuits and towelling robes, so I could spend lots of money and not feel remotely guilty because it was all for the children.
Um bum, it's quarter past ten and I really should be asleep...it's a school day tomorrow, you know!
Goodnight xxx

No comments: