Monday 24 January 2011

warm nipples

I don't have frostbitten nipples! I didn't plummet off an icy precipice into a rocky ravine! I didn't wee on my feet in the nice Asian (hole in the ground) toilets (well, maybe once, but it was very cold and froze immediately so it didn't smell at all)! I didn't fall out with any of my friends! Furthermore, after eight days plodding up and down icy steps for six hours a day in sub-zero temperatures...I didn't actually lose any weight (perhaps I should have held back on the deep-fried Mars Bar?)!
Annapurna Base Camp trek is supposed to be moderately challenging, but the addition of snow and freezing fog made it, erm...really challenging (well, for me, at least). Anyway, I'm back, and lovely Hubby even bought be a cashmere wrap top as a coming home present (it's a sad indication of how much I frequent the cashmere shop that when he tried to buy the surprise gift off-the-shelf, the proprietor told him that I would need one two inches longer in the sleeves and at the waist, so it had to be specially made). I will try not to diss him for at least a week as he has been lovely.
So happy to be home; I am never going away again!

No comments: