Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy 2011!

What can I say? The laptop has been constantly hijacked for viewings of the Christmas Grinch and Elf, furthermore the internet connection has been pants recently. Anyway, I'm still here and haven't been spirited off to wherever it is that Sunil the tailor disappears to (actually I think he's in Munich with some German fashionistas at the moment, and I'm definitely not there - in fact I think Nepal is Germany's evil twin, in that it's the polar opposite of everything teutonic: no road rules, no nice parks and a real dearth of decent cakes and beer). At the moment the Twins are dancing to Tarzan Boy and Son is engrossed in a Percy Jackson book, so I think I'll take a moment to tell you about our exciting xmas, during which:
  1. Santa came, ate chocolate biscuits (how odd that he shares my dislike of mince pies) and left again;
  2. We watched the Christmas Grinch and Elf and Miracle on 34th Street;
  3. We went to The Famous Farm (which, best as I can tell, is famous for it's high prices and remoteness, as much as anything else - Hubby whinged about the cost and lack of amenities for most of the trip, but the kids had a good time. Mind you, they will have a good time anywhere that has a laptop and a suppy of Percy Jackson books) for the New Year.
  4. Hubby and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary with a Japanese massage
  5. Twin 2 tried, and failed, to end it all with a scary xmas eve head injury
Loads of other stuff happened too, of course, but it mainly involved eating or watching DVDs or going to cafes or making me put the Christ deBurgh Christmas spaceman song on the MP3 player for the millionth time (still, made a chance from Little Donkey, which was beginning to make me a teensy bit suicidal).
Only five days until kids are back at school, and it hasn't been nearly as soul-destroyingly tedious as I'd feared, so hurrah for that.
My new year's resolution is to write this blog more often!
Will write more later I promise xxx

No comments: