Tuesday 1 February 2011

Tuesday, not in the Caribbean

Hello. Hubby is on his way from St Lucia to Dominica. Or somewhere. Good for him. I'm perfectly happy to be tucked up in bed in my fleece and socks and with my teeth-bleaching mouthguard in. Honest.
My social life seems to have taken an upwards turn since Hubby left. I was invited out to lunch on Sunday, and supper last night and this evening (chicken pie followed by sticky toffee pudding - might have to send Meena over there for some cooking lessons), and I've just had a text asking me out tomorrow too. It's all a bit much for me, especially as I had planned the next two weeks of solitude with a box set of Kitchen Confidential and my teeth-bleaching kit (it's good to have a mouthguard in whilst watching Kitchen Confidential, otherwise you just spend the whole episode eating stuff). I think I may even have to politely decline tomorrow's thing. Although will that make me seem like an antisocial old witch? Hmmm...
Last night was Corrie night, the first one for a couple of months. It was the 50th anniversary celebration one, with a gas explosion and a tram crash (not sure quite what's so celebratory about axing half the actors and subjecting he audience to a night of graphic horror, but hey). We're wondering who has really copped it, and who will escape, charred and coughing, from the Coronation Street carnage. I know, everyone in the UK has known this for a couple of months, but good old British Forces Broadcasting welfare discs are always a few weeks behind. I can hardly wait for next week's installment. What's even better is that my co-watchers, a couple of teachers from the school, are coming here for next week's viewing. Brilliant. It will be like a royal visit for the kids to have Mrs L and Miss K at our house for supper. They'll probably want to have bunting and balloons and will be impossible to put to bed (my kids that is, not Miss K and Mrs L - although I wouldn't put it past them.
Taking of which...I'm v. v. tired tonight because Twin 2 was awake half the night last night with random bad dreams/feeling cold/feeling thirsty/having a hurting injection arm etc. I tried to write some more of the NGN this morning, but I kept falling asleep. Scene three, in chapter five (where she thinks she's finally going to find her Dad, but is yet again frustrated) is just a series of scrawls turning into wobbly lines where I actually nodded off half way through a sentence. Oh well, must keep at it. I think my heroine would be deeply unhappy with me if she never found her estranged father, and never got it on with the hunky man who has been helping her search for him.
Okay, I'm off now to watch Giles Coren and Sue Perkins live the Good Life. I love them both so much I want to marry them, for real life (as Twin 2 would say). So, not missing Hubby at all. I have Sue and Giles to keep me company. Night then x

No comments: