Friday 4 February 2011

hairy triplet likes a nugget or two

The hairy triplet has gone out tonight (I bribed him with a couple of chicken nuggets).

Today has been another fairly unproductive one as Twin 1 has been off sick with tummy bug (not even going to attempt to spell diarrhoea). I wouldn't have believed she was ill, had I not seen, and flushed, the evidence, as she was irritatingly perky. I managed to type up one scene (heroine on the way to find Dad, thinking it's all going to be great...she's about to be sorely disappointed, but no need to tell her as I probably won't get around to writing it until the middle of next week, okay), but then the charlie and the chocolate factory DVD finished so we had to do some Barbie sewing and then some colouring in. So the manuscript has not progressed much further. Boo.

Luckily, though, Twin 1 was well enough to come out for lunch at Cafe U. She was also well enough to nag me to get to school in time to watch the 'music miscellany' assembly. How we love it when the music teacher exhorts the parents to stand up and join in, especially when the song has a soaring chorus and - joy of joys - actions.

This evening for supper I decided to be kind to my kids and let them eat chicken nuggets and chips, for a change. Nobody was very hungry. I noticed Gary eyeing the supper table with a hairy smile on his furry chops. He was in luck, the blighter. Still, at least he's outside tonight, rather than tucked up next to the Barbie basket with his nose up his bottom.

Suddenly feel really tired, so I'm going to scoot off now, and try not to have slightly traumatic dreams about being forced to stand up and sing in assembly.
Toodle pip x

No comments: