Tuesday 8 February 2011

drama, trauma and nowhere near enough chocolate

I'm waiting for a man in the UK to finish his lunch break, so I can give him a call...hey ho for different time zones. Hopefully his lunch will be finished by my bed time.

Corrie at mine last night and jolly good it was too. Well, actually it was a bit traumatic - had to eat lots of sushi and choc biccies and drink lots of wine to get over the upsetting bits. Molly and Ashley are already dead, and it looks like Peter Barlow is on his way out (I will have to wait until next week to find if he cops it or not). I was somewhat disappointed that they did not take the opportunity to clear out a bit more dead wood (Dev has to go sometime, surely? And why on earth is Gail still in it, all she does is purse her lips and upset everyone).

So, anyway, I went to bed traumatised, and then woke up to yet more drama, as it turns out that our property management company has, in fact, gone bankrupt (had my suspicions). Don't think we have lost as much money as some others, but we are probably down about one month's worth of living expenses, or flights for five to Dubai, depending on how you view it.

The MoD is washing its hands of the affair, claiming never to have endorsed this forces property management business. However, the company did have a military phone number, offices in an army barracks and posters up in army welfare offices throughout the country and abroad, which I think any reasonable person would agree is tantamount to endorsement.
Someone is setting up a self-help/pressure group, but it remains to be seen whether there is any of our money to get back (I suspect not, but it's worth a try).

And because I've been fretting about that all day, I haven't actually done much writing - my heroine still hasn't either found her estranged father or snogged the love interest, the poor thing, she must be getting pretty desperate.

What I really need right now is a Cadbury's chocolate flake to go with my white wine (somehow Meena's chocolate rice crispy cakes just don't hit the spot).

Okay, must go and phone a man about a house...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love how when things go wrong there is always yourself to blame... despite advertisement. As for Corrie - I love the fact that i can keep updated on whats going on right here.... now for some back dated reading!