Monday 14 February 2011

happy valentine's x

The good news is that someone is lending me a Jack Sparrow wig so that I can go for the full 'pirates of the caribbean' experience when Hubby returns. The bad news is...oh, hang on a minute I've done this good news/bad news thing before. There is no bad news today! Except that I'm on my third large gin (well, I'm all alone and it's Valentine's, so hey), so I'm anticipating a mild hangover tomorrow. However, I'm only getting a haircut, so I hardly need to be on the ball.
Ah, I've just been perusing the old school site on facebook and listening to my playlist (which seems to consist mainly of the Cure and, wierdly, Neil Diamond) and feeling drunkenly nostalgic. Not sure why, really, as - judging by the photos - the past was a time of dodgy haircuts. And going from my memories, seemed to involve a fair amount of snakebite-and-black and inappropriate public fondling.
Can't wait until my kids are teenagers and I have to take them seriously when they have dire haircuts and complain endlessly about being 'misunderstood'.
My friend M says her husband adopted her a panda for Valentine's. I think this is actually quite sweet. At least pandas don't die, like roses do (or hopefully they don't, once you have forked out on adoption papers and everything).
I'm tempted to take Gary to bed with me tonight because he's a big hairy lump who would make a perfectly reasonable pretend valentine (not in any wierd way, I just mean to have something to fill up the space on the other side of the bed). However, I'm not sure even Jack Sparrow would be happy with fleas in the bed.
Better get a move on and get up to bed, I suppose, before the over-zealous night guard switches the generator off and I'm plunged into darkness.
Goodnight x

No comments: