Thursday 6 October 2011

pre-loved rodents

I'm sitting on the stairs to keep out of mini-Bertha's way and looking up rats online for Son. It turns out there's a rat rescue home in Nottingham - who would have thought? Unfortunately they have no pre-loved rodents at the moment, but who knows, one might turn up by the time Hubby deploys.
Today I turned down the offer of a coffee morning and worked from home. It doesn't feel like work because it's too much fun, though. I wrote a short story and then rewrote it from a different point of view and then looked up books about women soldiers during world war two. I'm hoping that the university library can get a loan of a book of memoirs of an ATS woman from the Imperial War Museum, which would be fab.
When I went to pick up the kids from school, Son greeted me with a calculation about how many nanoseconds there are in a minute. He says sixty million. Is he right? Who knows! I said, well done, Son and handed him a carrot. What's he going to be like by the time he reaches secondary school?
Big H and little G came round to play after school and the house was swiftly filled with leaves and crisp crumbs and I didn't care because I know that mini-B would just relish the challenge.
So tonight, coursework reading (Chekhov) or the rest of the lemon cake book? I know I should be disciplined, but Chekhov does make me want to top myself, so I may have to plump for the lemon cake thing.
Ooh, tired now, must go. Night night x

1 comment:

Amy Waif said...

well thank you so much for that little nugget, Charice