Thursday 5 December 2013

Just realised that there were about a million typos in that last post - must stop writing on my mobile phone and get back to doing it on a decent sized screen, I guess.
So, how are things? Today the Twins went to Narnia (actually a thinly disguised Chatsworth House, but they had a blast) and Son demonstrated his model of how the intestine works. I taught lots of people  about the present perfect continuous (oh, yes, I've finally got the hang of it) and about Christmas customs in the UK. A very lovely woman from Sudan, asked me where the letters to Father Christmas actually go. I told her they go to the North Pole, because that's where he lives, with his magic elves, and  gravity-defying transport system, not to mention his luminous-nosed reindeer. I then went on to tell her about how a couple of years ago my dad left his spare set of false teeth in Santa's mince pie on xmas eve, as proof that Santa does exist (he must be real if he has real false teeth...) and how my children get letters from Father Christmas, and even emails and video messages. Finally I noticed the expression on her face and realised what a load of utter twaddle we tell our children. It's all just one enormous fib, from start to festive finish, isn't it? I still love it, though. We saw Santa at a party on Sunday, and this Saturday we'll be going on a walk with him - hope nobody remembers about the false teeth and asks any awkward questions! x

No comments: