Tuesday 3 December 2013

hiya! Apologies for being off radar again. However, l have excuses. Excuse number 1 is that Bertha has stopped working, so l have had to get off my bum and push the hoover about. Excuse number 2 is that l taught double my usual number of classes last week. l have also been helping out in school. And l had friends to stay at the weekend. And l had a gas leak today. Busy, busy!
l have also been spending a not inconsiderable amount of time bidding for Harry Potter playsets on ebay (Twin 2 had jolly well better be grateful come Xmas morning), but have finally got Hogwarts Great Hall for under fifty quid - you'd be surprised how competitive it gets, bidding for second hand toys. Still, there is a nice mini-endorphin rush when you win...hmm, and that's a bit of a sad indictment on the current state of my life - getting my thrills via the adrenalin hit that is winning an old toy in an online auction.
Still, things could be worse; I could be a primary teacher attempting to grapple with the current literacy curriculum. Which comes first, the predicate (nope not sure how you spell that) or  the relative clause? Hmm? No, don't tell me. l neither know nor care. And l have worked as a journalist, taught ESOL and have an MA in writing. The way teachers are forced to teach English to kids makes me want to cry; it just sucks the joy clean out f it.
Honestly, I'm so upset I may well need to go back online and get into a bidding war over a three inch plastic Ron Weasley, just to cheer myself up.

No comments: