Friday 6 June 2008

Dog gone

The house is even more cavernous and echoing since Dog has gone. He left at the weekend for an extended holiday in Wales with my sister, whilst we do our Nepal posting. Predictably, I blubbed when the time came for him to go, but he didn't give a monkey's - he is always trying to get himself adopted by random strangers anyway, and looked (uncharacteristically) cheery when he left. I would like to think that he was crying on the inside, and just being brave so as not to upset me, but I somehow don't think this was really the case, the traitorous little hairy tyke.
Anyway, it's a bit annoying because now when there are strange creaking noises at night, I can't blame it on the dog and instead just lie quaking in bed, convincing myself that the place is haunted (and this isn't helped by Twin 1 pointing at something and asking 'Why won't that man talk to me, Mummy?' She was pointing at an empty bit of wall...)
Ah well, not much longer in the haunted house and then we'll be off to the earthquake zone.
Just need Hubby to hurry up and get his arse back from extra-marital affair/adventure training. 
In the meantime, I have jolly super wives champagne breakfast to look forward to tomorrow. For those of us who are posted, it's our leaving do. It's cost me fifteen quid, so I do hope it's real champagne and a half-decent present, and not just Lambrusco and some Superdrug bath salts.

No comments: