Wednesday 4 June 2008

Mum's birthday bash at the weekend was ok - lovely weather, nice food, etc. At least I think so. It all passed in a bit of a blur, really. Felt a bit tense, which was totally self-induced as I had the great idea of trying to get some footage of the day so that Mum could have a DVD to remember it by. Realised pretty early on that I couldn't actually do this and look after Son, Twins, Parents and Other Family Members, so I tried to delegate/outsource to Nephew(14), who looked like he could manage it. As a result, we have some absolutely super shots of the back of his parents walking towards the mess. And that's about it. I tried to take some other stuff, but I am pretty hopeless, and children would keep on falling over or doing poos, which rather interrupted the creative flow. 
Anyway, ate lots of cake and drank a few glasses of champagne and actually got to see the whole family together, which hasn't happened since Mum's 60th (we are totally crap at that sort of thing).
Both Sisters were there with their sleek, glossy hair, looking gorgeously photogenic as usual. My hairstyle was inspired by Wurzel Gummidge and owed much to the fact that my brother-in-law had poured me a super large G&T before I attempted to dry my hair the previous evening. My outfit would also have been similarly scarcrow-ish, but luckily a pair of black linen trousers arrived with the (strangely handsome - which you don't expect, or maybe I've just been a bit too long without Hubby) postman in the morning, just in time to pull them on before everyone arrived. Which, upon re-reading, makes it look as if I answered the door to the postman with no trousers on. And of course I would never do that, not even to the handsome one (although he is not my favourite; the podgy one who has just turned fifty is actually my favourite, but in a friendship-only way. If I had to choose which one to have intimate carnal knowledge of, it would be the handsome one, without question. Although not if I had to choose between the handsome postman and lush Alex from 'the Apprentice'. In that case, lush Alex would win out over handsome postie. And obviously if George Clooney were there too, then I'm afraid lush Alex wouldn't be in with a chance either - I'm sure he'd be gutted, too....).
Hmmm, think it's definitely time Hubby came back from his secret assignation in Nantwich/skippering a group of soldiers in the Atlantic (delete as applicable).
Right, I'm off now to watch 'the Apprentice'/dress up as a sexy nurse for the handsome postman (delete as applicable).

No comments: