Monday 23 June 2008

packitis

Definitely have what my mother calls 'packitis' now. As we have had a stream of very nice visitors over the past few weeks, I've managed to put to the back of my mind that I'll shortly be travelling to the other side of the world with three small people (and one small Hubby). But now all the visitors have gone, and it's only a week away, and somewhat scary. Not the thought of being in Nepal (which is the reverse of scary and floats in a pink fuzzy way in and out of my consciousness, with the waft of jasmine and 'time for tiffin!' ringing through the air), but the actual packing up and leaving and changing nappies on aeroplanes and stuff. I'm sure it will be fine. A friend of mine who flew with her little ones to New Zealand recently, advised me to take plenty of spare clothes (in case of vomit incidents at forty thousand feet) and lots of sweets (which she said would be good to help with earache on take off, but I think will also be good for general bribery), so I'm going to heed her wise advice. 
Twin 2 crying upstairs with imaginary tummy ache or something so have to go...

2 comments:

cocoapop said...

hey amy are you still on facebook - i sent you a message.

cocoapop said...

I used to take plenty of drinks and make sure he was swigging one as we took off and landed.