Monday 10 August 2009

new term

Just a quickie. Kids are all at school. Hubby walked them to the bus stop. My involvement stopped at precisely seven thirty (Son had an alarm set) when they walked out of the front gate. So odd to be in an empty house. Usually there's someone here, even if it's only Meena or Sanu. Of course, the temptation would be to go straight back to bed and just read and drink cups of tea all morning, but I have been very organised and working on the novel since eight fifteen, I'll have you know (it would have been eight, but I wanted to put on some make-up before I started - these things are important!). I'm having a break at the moment for hot chocolate and chocolate flapjack (I am going to the gym tonight, yes I am). I just have that whole new-term rush. I have this urge to go out and buy a new pencil case with Snoopy on it or something. Anyway, must go. Hot chocolate getting cold and must must finish book by Christmas (which isn't as far away as you think and in fact I have already ordered some stocking-fillers from amazon, which you may think is a sad indictment of my empty life, but means that in the week before christmas I won't be scurrying round the shops in a panic, I will be sunning myself on a beach in Thailand. Yes indeedy.) xxx

No comments: