Monday 4 January 2010

I blame the egg salad

Hubby has been busy planning his next trek. It's the other half of a big circuit of the Annapurna mountains (part of the Himalayas). He went last year and did one half with his best mate. This year he's planning to do the other half with his mate and sister. However, there has just been a big snowfall up in the mountains, which has turned the region into avalanche territory, so good luck to them all. I shall stay in Kathmandu and drink pretend cups of tea from the pink-and-green tea set, admire newly-made Bionicles and periodically ask the housekeeper to babysit so I can take full advantage of the half-price offer currently on at the spa. Hubby is currently trying to work out how to avoid avalanches and altitude sickness (where if you're not careful your brain explodes like the martians in Mars Attacks - do you remember that film?), whilst doing an eleven day trek in eight days. Rather them than me.

At the moment I'm recovering from yet another exploding bottom incident. Hubby blames the egg salad at Hattiban resort on Saturday. I had to have almost the whole day in bed on Sunday as I was properly ill. The good thing was it gave me a chance to finish the book I was reading and plan my next book, which I'm pretty excited about. I even have a title: Wait-and-see pudding.
I'm hoping that the whole excruciating stomach cramps, vomiting and all that stuff might mean that the scales tip ever so slightly the other way the next time I go to the gym, and all the suffering will have been worth it.
Oh, and talking of excruciating suffering - do you remember the Nepali dance I had to do at Deshain for Hubby's work colleagues? Well, bless 'em, they all clubbed together to buy me a trophy for my efforts. It's a Nepali metal teapot type thing on a wooden plinth. It says A token of love from Defence Estates Nepal on it. Ah, that's the kind of thing that gives me a warm glow about being an army wife! I think it's the first time I've been awarded a trophy for anything. And as some friend quite rightly pointed out, I'm now officially a 'trophy wife' which of course necessitates more trips to the spa and cashmere shop in order to maintain the trophy status, don't you think?


No comments: