Saturday 2 January 2010

what to do in 2010

Hubby has gone to bed early because he is feeling grumpy, and I was going to try to do geeky things with the scary new phone but got sucked into looking at shoes on Amazon. No, I didn't buy any. Instead I bought twelve pairs of socks for Hubby, as he complains every single morning that his socks have holes in. Now he will have to find something else to complain about. I also bought a nice blue pair of sports socks for me in the hope that they will entice me to the gym in the mornings. Hmmm.
So, I'm just about to print out my Romantic Novelist's Association New Writer's Scheme application (sending the book there for appraisal), and should be sending the manuscript off in a couple of weeks, I guess. Which now leaves me with a bit of a hole in my life. I've been spending all this time stressing about not having enough time in which to write, and now, blimey, it's all done, and I can see the year stretching out ahead of me with lost of spaces in the calendar, which I really should fill with something productive.
Any ideas? Freelancing? Short stories? Another book? Public Relations for NGOs? Or just doing a bit of drawing and going to the spa a lot?
Choices, choices!
I'm tempted to do nothing at all for a bit and see what it's like, but I'm worried I might get too used to it and get tempted to do nothing at all ever again and become one of those women who obsesses about dust on the dido rails or floral muffin cases, in which case Hubby would divorce me and I would be forced out to work, although I can't think of any job I'd be remotely useful for these days. Hubby said I should become a freelance cafe critic, as I seem to spend an awful lot of time in cafes when he's at work and the kids are at school. He was serious.
Anyway, if you have any idea what I should be doing in 2010, then let me know, as I will have at least a couple of months to fill until my manuscript gets sent back with red pen all over it.
Enjoy the weekend! x

2 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Another book! Otherwise you'll just agonise over the fate of the first.

Amy Waif said...

Good point, well made. Thanks, Jan x