Monday 22 February 2010

half term

We went to Pokhara with V&H for the long half-term weekend. V&H assured us that they had no problem hanging out with us and that our pesky kids didn't bother them at all. I think they came to regret this by the end of the weekend. On the last day they went out on a rowing boat on the lake for the whole day, and I suspect this may have been as much to get away from us as their love of rowlocks, oars etc.
Anyway, we had a nice time, sitting in cafes, doing lots of colouring in and playing chess. Twin 2 managed to get headbutted by a cow as she lay asleep in a hammock, which she was fairly upset about. I can't say I blame her. I was butted by a cow last time we were there. The cows in Pokhara are vicious and nasty. Because they're sacred they are out of control, like teenage boys at the bus shelter, but with horns and udders.
The plane was delayed for ages coming back, but the kids didn't seem to mind the three hour wait at the airport, mainly because it was remarkably similar to the previous three mornings we'd spent hanging about in cafes on Lakeside.
Today I am at home with Son, who is irritatingly well. He had a bout of diarrhoea this morning so I said he could have the day off school. Has made me play chess and I beat him (hurrah - it's not as easy as it sounds to beat a seven-year-old), then he spent ages on Google earth. Last I saw he was waving a bit of paper around and making alien spaceship noises. He's getting no attention from me as I've had my own bit of Pokhara tummy to deal with and I'm feeling pretty useless. The silver lining is that it kicks off my new regime quite well (when we were in Pokhara I wore my capri trousers and Hubby mentioned casually that they are not as flattering as they used to be - this is code for "Good Lord, woman, your arse is becoming hummungus!" - so I have decided to try to do something about it before the bikini season kicks in. Also I have decided that I'd like to turn forty the same weight as I was when I turned twenty, which entails losing a few pounds: about four kilos, in fact. And I want to be able to touch my toes and get a book published and there are only a few short weeks left so I should really get a move on. I should be spending my days doing yoga whilst typing my new book, and not bidding for Ariel mermaid wigs on ebay, which is what I've been doing this morning).
Should really go and check on Son.
Take care xx

No comments: