Tuesday 9 February 2010

rain rain go away!

Just a quick one because I'm being picked up in a minute to go shopping and out for lunch. Yes, I'm being a right old lazy posh woman at the moment. We (lots of us) had lunch with Gen & Lady Richards yesterday, and I'm out with the partners' club on Friday night, so life is a dizzying whirl of social engagements, such that I barely have time to think about the implications of Twin 1 having worms (yeuch! took her to see the doctor this morning and we are all getting dosed for it, as the likelihood is that we all have them too - double yeuch!) or the fact that Hubby nearly got embroiled in a drive-by mafia shooting on Sunday. I am far too busy doing nice things like searching the whole of Kathmandu for a Barbie with a pink mermaid tail and going out for Chinese meals.
It's raining here today, which is big news, because it almost never rains here at this time. It's like being back in the UK, although without the joys of Jeremy Kyle, Tescos and pavements. Oh, and a functioning government (although I guess some would argue that the UK government maybe isn't a functioning one at the moment, I can tell you that it's a darn sight better than the Nepali one - although my lawyer friend who's helping draft the new constitution is very optimistic, so I do try to think of her smiley Canadian optimism every time I read the newspaper).
Right, five minutes to find a rain coat and boots without holes in...
Take care xx

No comments: