Tuesday 23 February 2010

I am the Tina Brown of Kathmandu

oops! I have ended up organising a massive lunch for British School mums on Friday. I didn't really mean to, it was just meant to be me and one other, but then I went and got carried away with all the numbers listed in my mobile. Still, it will be interesting to chat to lots of people I actually barely know, and find out what they all do when they are not in the playground.
Perhaps I am about to morph into a massive networker a la Tina Brown and hold legendary parties and have the ear of media moguls and politicians? More likely - I will have an overpriced salad, say something insensitive because I just don't think before opening my mouth, and be late for the Friday afternoon family assembly. And the whole debacle will never be repeated (or maybe it will, but in secret, with nobody telling me about it until I find out at a later date from the hairdresser).
I'm still being very laid back about starting the next book, but I am slowly inching my way towards the plot. I'm finding the male love interest a tricky one. I thought of basing him on my own darling Hubby, but he was pretty grumpy this morning so I have temporarily scrubbed him off the list as template for male eye candy.
Anyway, I want to go to bed now as I'm feeling peckish and my new regime won't allow a mid-evening snackette of hot chocolate and flapjack. So I'm having a delicious and calorie-free cup of camomile tea and going to bed instead.
Why does dieting have to be so boring?

No comments: