Monday 22 March 2010

finished! well, almost...

Have just written the final scene to the book. No, don't get excited, it doesn't mean that I have written a whole new book already, merely that I have finally got round to writing the first and last scenes. So now I know how it ends (optimistically, but with a hint of sadness, since you ask). I didn't know quite how it would end until I actually wrote it. I had all the main characters in a little boat on a lake. Then I realised that I was missing one, so she had to appear on the shore and swim out to them. I also realised that another one got in the way a bit, so I have written her out. I think I will just have to kill her off somewhere in act two. So now I have written a couple of thousand words for the beginning of the book, and a couple of thousand words for the end. All I have to do now is fill in the ninety-six thousand words in the middle. I guess I should be able to do that by this time next year, don't you think?
Have to go, need to have lunch and scary Nepali lesson now (tempted to skive as I have not done my homework - plus ca change and all that, it's just like hiding in the stationery cupboard to get out of maths).
Bye xx

No comments: