Friday 8 April 2011

a week of stuff and nonsense

Really sorry I haven't been in touch all week.
I'd like to tell you that I've been really, really busy - but I really, really haven't.
What have I done with all the seconds, minutes and hours that have passed, hmm?
 Okay, I've cobbled together a tudor costume, I've been to the gym (twice) and been swimming (twice), been to yoga (with scary smiling sadist teacher), interviewed an artist for the local paper, taken kids swimming, been to a leaving party, applied for a quarter in the UK, got worried about applying for a school in the UK (still haven't actually done it), had lots of email traffic about getting Twin 2 a statement of special needs in the UK (but not actually got anywhere), worried about our posting (will we get a house? will we get school places for all the kids? will Twin 2 get proper support in school? etc.), won three Boden items on ebay (oops, didn't think I'd win all three and have now spent three times more than I meant to - don't tell Hubby), have given some random job advice to Hubby and Friend O, despite really not having a clue about careers, never having had even a sniff of one myself, got a bit sad about the fact that Hubby isn't eligible for voluntary redundancy (boo - much as I lurv being an army wife, I wouldn't mind being 'normal' again at some point), started a diet, given up a diet, decided that there is nothing wrong with the size of my bottom and I shall continue to eat chocolate, written up interview with artist, cleaned the car (last time I did it was January - minging doesn't even begin to describe it)...oh, and I also fitted in a cheeky little reflexology session at the spa yesterday.
The one thing I haven't done is, of course, the one thing I promised myself I would do before the start of the school hols (which begin in approximately ninety minutes), finish writing chapter blooming eight. My poor heroine, she's just discovered the awful truth about her father, but I've left her just about to discover the awful truth about her new boyfriend too. She will have to wait at least three weeks to find out, because after the school hols I'm planning on doing another trek (have one last chance to get one in before we leave).
The good news is that it's Son's exciting Dr Who pizza plus sleepover party tonight (and I'm only missing out on the launch of an art exhibition, a cocktail party cum dress exchange and a grown up birthday bash in order to be a part of it). Just about to put Dr Who (David Tennant plus Donna and a dalek) topping on cake and drop off at the pizza place - does life get any better ?
Take care x

No comments: