Thursday 14 April 2011

nepali new year

It's Nepali New Year! Happy New Year. Nepali's have a different calendar, based on the birthdate of some  Hindu saint. I think it's now 2068 here, which would make me feel very futuristic, but, sadly, the infrastructure is still about a thousand years behind.
We decided not to go to the New Year function on camp (well, to be honest, if you've had the whole whisky-and-dahl-baht-and-lip-synching-traditional-dancers thing once, then you don't really need to repeat the experience), plus none of us were feeling very well, having had our meningitis and typhoid boosters in the afternoon, so we were all in bed nice and early last night. This morning I said to Hubby, did the firecrackers and whooping wake you up last night? To which he replied, what time was that? (Der, did he think they'd re-sheduled New Year's to 2.31 am instead...)
Anyway, now I'm ill, which is a bit of a bummer, but a good excuse to go to bed and attempt not to buy things on ebay. I keep bunging in offers for things, and thinking that I'm bound to be outbid, but it's worth a punt - only to keep winning things, dagnabbit. Still, you can never have too much BNWT Boden, can you?
Oh, I was meant to do something wild and crazy to tell you about, wasn't I? Hmmm....nope, wildness and craziness eludes me. I feel about as wild and crazy as a packet of own brand Angel Delight.
Take care, and may all your wishes for 2068 come true! x

No comments: