Tuesday 4 September 2012

I have finally stopped tottering along like Mrs Overall...I did a class called Metafit on Saturday morning  which consisted mainly of lots of 'burpees' and 'sumo jumps' and ever since my bum has been in agony and I've been walking around like an arthritic old lady. It seems like I won't be able to make the class this week as Hubby & Son are going to a regatta at the sailing club, so I won't be able to get to the gym. Shame, I shall have to stay home and eat cake instead.
Today I have been terribly productive. I have applied for jobseekers allowance (doubt I'll be entitled to anything, but worth a try), and made two speculative enquiries about TESOL jobs and done mounds of washing. (Yes, I know, I still have to clean the bathroom...maybe that's why I've been so productive, anything to get me out of setting to work with the toilet brush and glass cleaner...). We've also had a thrilling trip to the thrift shop, which was busier than Tesco's on a Saturday morning, and exchanged our profits for yet more tat. Twin 2 has yet another tiara (Hubby mentioned that at some point she'll have to abandon her delusions of royalty, but I have Prince Harry in mind for her - he'll have calmed down in ten years or so, and be ripe for a tiara-obsessed bride with an unhealthy passion for bubblegum pink), Twin 1 has two spangly-covered books, Son has a logic puzzle and I have a throw to cover the decrepit old futon. Ah the joys of budget retail therapy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Army Wife, I continue to enjoy your blogs very much.Its interesting to see how much your life has changed since Nepal. Do you at any moment miss Nepal and aspects of your life there? Hope all your family are well. All the best with your writing. What happened to the NGN? Have a lovely day:-)

Amy Waif said...

Hi Anonymous, lovely to hear from you. Yes, I really really miss having domestic staff, mainly because it gave me loads more time to enjoy my children, because I could hang out with them instead of being a permanent cook/cleaner. Still, I do have Bertha the robotic hoover and a domestic god for a husband (when he's in the country), so can't complain! What I don't miss is the ever-present worry of a catastrophic earthquake occurring...take care, Ax
ps NGN got longlisted in an NGN competition but is now on the backburner as I'm a third of the way through wiring the next NGN ;)