Saturday 29 September 2012

No, I'm not mopping the kitchen floor now, and you can't make me.
Today I have mostly been clutching my stomach and moaning gently. So, this week I've had one night sharing my bed with Twin 2 (overactive imagination had produced nightmare inspired by Roald Dahl's Matilda - I blame book week), one night sharing my bed with Dog and Twin 1 (feeling sorry for terminally ill Dog & then Twin 1 had a vampire nightmare - apparently she's in a secret vampire club at school...it's not been all that secret since she bit my neck and told me I could be in the club as well, as long as I promised not to eat butter - don't ask me why, I don't know!). Last night my bed was mercifully empty but I ended up squirming about in abdominal agony - I blame my healthy stir fry last night; the kids all had hot dogs and they were perfectly fine.
Today the kids, apart from being irritatingly chirpy and healthy, have been in fancy dress. Despite my parlous state of health, I managed to produce two Aztecs and a World War Two soldier for dress-up day at school. (Yes, Aztecs did wear old pillowcases with holes cut out for heads and arms and yes they did wear plastic princess crowns with feathers stuck on. Honest, I did my wiki research and everything. Thank goodness I only had to rootle about in the garage to find some old army kit for Son.)
Apart from coping with food poisoning and dying pets and ridiculous fancy dress costumes, I also lurched in to a meeting at university to do with the literacy project I'm co-ordinating and took kids to 'Fun Friday' in the mess (a bit of a misnomer: think cold chips, half-cut parents, and out of control kids swooping around the officers' mess like a flock of starlings on a fizzy-pop high), took Son to karate, took home brew kit back to someone in the middle of Nottigham, took Twins to McDonald's, picked up Son, got bedding out for kids sleepover and tidied up assorted school bags/coats/Aztec clothes
Which is why I still haven't got round to mopping the kitchen floor...
Have a good weekend! xx

No comments: