Monday 22 October 2012

Hello, how are you? I'm just back from a weekend sailing in the Solent (which was not unexciting, given that we had a terminally ill labrador and a girl with cerebral palsy on board - luckily we also had Hubby and his v. nice friend V, who are used to taking boatloads of incompetants out in howling gales, so it was fine. Apart from the bit where Dog decided to test his tenuous grasp on life by jumping into Gosport Harbour; thank goodness for the helpful sailors who hooked him out of the water and brought him back to us.). So we're all back, and now have a houseful of small-ish girls (both Twins have a friend each over to play), and Son, who is trying to engage them in a complicated game involving his 'weapon of mass destruction' (a light sabre with some pipe cleaners sellotaped to the end). There is a fair amount of screeching and banging going on, but nobody has asked me to phone for an ambulance yet, so it all seems to be going off as well as can be expected, for a rainy day in half term. Hmmm, what else has been going on? Oh, I have just doubled my earnings (don't get excited, my income will now pay for school dinners and petrol - whoopee) because my class got so popular that we ran out of chairs, and have had to arrange for another class to run. Of course I take this as a sound endorsement of my teaching skills (best summed up as smiling a lot and hoping nobody asks about past participles), and nothing to do with the fact that this is the only place that offers an English class with free childcare included. Right, I can't think of anything else to tell you, so I suppose I had better go and tackle the downstairs bathroom - if I can make it there without being frazzled by the 'weapon of mass destruction'... Cheerio! x

No comments: