Wednesday 31 October 2012

Oh, the horror. It's Halloween tomorrow. I have been less than enthusiastic about it and even made the children buy Halloween costumes with their own pocket money. Well, it all just smacks of a bit of a money-making scam by the supermarkets, doesn't it? Back in the day, Halloween meant bunging on a black jumper of my dad's and a hat made out of black cardboard and wondering down to my aunty's for a handful of humbugs. Anyway, I've been nagged and cajoled into the whole thing, thanks to competitive  Halloween decorating here on camp. Yes, some of the houses have graveyards in their gardens, or pumpkins carved like spiders or cobwebs all over the place, but we don't. (Well, we do have cobwebs all over the place, but not because of Halloween, just because of my general abhorrence of housework). I have finally capitulated and carved a small pumpkin and bought some things to hang up  on the front door. And I've spent a small fortune on sweets (although, mixed in with them are all the sugar-free ones that nobody wants to eat from our family - because of that time at the cinema when we all ate too many and succumbed to the 'laxitive effect' that too much sugar substitute can cause...but let's not dwell on that). Right, anyway, I should really go and get some shut-eye. Night night! xx

No comments: