Tuesday 16 October 2012

I've got the lurgy, and no, it's not just a convenient excuse to not clean the bathroom or do kids' bedtimes and instead languish in bed playing with my new smartphone (actually it's a bit too smart - way too much I can't figure out). It all started on Friday night when I pretty much gave up the ghost before Friday download/big friday fun/something else with friday in the title had even started on CBBC. I got up on Saturday to take the dog to the vet (he's put on five hundred grammes and has a teensy spring in his arthritic step - being close to death obviously agrees with him) but then went all grumpy and wobbly at lunchtime and had to spend the whole afternoon under a quilt watching endless re-runs of Location Location Location and speculating quietly to my feverish self on the possible lengths of marriages likely for all those eager young couples (not long, generally, given the bossiness of the women and the sappiness of the men). I managed to make supper whilst everyone else was out on skates or scooters (alright, I put some pizzas in the oven) and then went horizontal again in the evening for a DVD (Notes on a Scandal with Judi Dench and Cate Blanchet - v.good, but a little unsettling). Anyway, I'm still feeling a bit groggy today, but I went out for a meeting anyway, and ended up just ready to lie down again by six thirty. However, I'm a bit bored of being ill now, and I'd really like to feel better again tomorrow...especially as there are no episodes of Location Location Location I haven't seen, and I really can't face Jeremy Kyle...x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo, hallo, first off, hope you are doing much better now. Did hubby come and did he bring you some Toblerone? How are the little blighters doing? Please keep wp with writing the blog. I really continue to enjoy it.How's the NGN going? When do we expect to see it at the bookshops? Have yourself a lovely weekend then.Cheers..:-)

Amy Waif said...

Hello anonymous! the kids got Toblerone, but luckily they shared. The NGN is going slowly, mainly because last week I was ill, and then Twin 2 was ill, and we also had various domestic issues (gas, blocked drains, etc.) so in the end I didn't write the chapter I had planned (boo). However, I'm still about fifty thousand words in, so that's good, and I love my three main characters, so making up things to happen to them is just fab - wish I had a bit more time to devote to them (if only I still lived in Nepal and had lovely Meena and Mani to sort out all the tedious domestic stuff...). Hope you had a good weekend too. Take care x