Wednesday 10 October 2012

Just had two large glasses of wine and a bag of crisps. That's what happens when my newly-skinny and almost-teetotal husband goes away. Yes, he's in Cyprus at the moment. I'm not sure exactly why, but we have been promised giant Toblerone bars on his return. A large quantity of chocolate is always far more important than any spurious military information, in my opinion.
My mum & dad have just disappeared (not literally, they drove, in their big car, full of collies and canine accessories). They were en route from a holiday in Northumberland (why? brrr!) and going back to Devon. They said it was lovely to have some 'time off'. Now, my dad took early retirement at fifty five, which by my reckoning means he's been retired for (hang on, I've had two glasses and, no, I wasn't a competitor in the primary maths challenge last week).... twenty two years. That's like me having given up work aged twenty (oh, I know, given my two two degree and 'portfolio career' , that's almost the case, but I have moved house at least eight times and spent seven years overseas and had three children in that time). Anyway, somehow, retired life in an idyllic converted Devon farmhouse for the past twenty-odd years is a teensy bit stressful, it seems. So in order to stress-bust, they have just spent a week in Northumberland, in the autumn, in the rain. To me, none of this makes sense - but maybe that's just the wine clouding my judgement!
Take care xxx
ps - Dog is still alive, and thriving on his new diet of various pills and miniature trays of dog food. He's even been out chasing pigeons (suspect the whole bowel cancer thing might just have been an elaborate ruse to get us to buy Cesar and let him sleep on the bed)...

No comments: