Friday 25 October 2013

Hello lovelies, how has your half term been? Ours is skidding to a halt. I'm in work tomorrow and the kids are making treasure boxes at the gallery for the morning. I say 'work', but I'm going to be hanging about in the gallery cafe hoping that some enlightened second year English students turn up to get involved in volunteering. They would be mad not to, because where else would they get the chance to develop and lead creative writing workshops for schoolchildren in an art gallery, hmmm?  It is seriously quality work experience I am offering them. However, remembering what a lump of ditziness I was as a twenty year old, I will be pleasantly surprised if anyone turns up. Last Friday we had a school workshop and four of our current student volunteeers said they'd be running it. Two were ill, one had to go to London and it looked like I would have to run the session alone, but lo, one student did make it, even though she had lectures all day and was missing lunch in order to take part - restored my faith, she did.
The rest of half term has been busy with London and Devon (eight hour drive for Sunday lunch, sounds crazy, but in the words of Ross Kemp in East Enders at some point in the 1990s, 'It's abaaaht fahmleee, innit?'), and then back here to spend a few days with werewolves. Did I say werewolves? Yes, I did, because the Twins and their irritatingly large amount of little friends are obsessed by the CBBC programme 'Wolfblood' and spend quite a lot of time howling and running about with leaves in their hair. So for the last couple of days I have been organising wolf sleepovers, cooking wolf sausage and mash and getting the troll (Son) to hide the cobweb cake in the woods. So I'm feeling a bit like a kind of feral dinner lady at the moment. It might be a bit hard to get back into project co-ordinator role in the morning. Do you think the prospective student volunteers would be put off if I howled at them and offered them gravy and overcooked veg before sending them off on a cake hunt with the troll?
Right, anyway, going to sort my hair out now, or I really will look like one of the pack in the morning.
Take care xxx

No comments: