Thursday 17 October 2013

Ah, quite nice to feel normal and happy again. I think I'm in the calm centre of the swirling hormonal typhoon that is my life these days - give it a week and everything will be hurtling about in the opposite direction, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying being un-witchy.
So, the good news is that the cleaner isn't leaving to become a dinner lady (well, she is becoming a dinner lady, but says she can still do the cleaning, phew). Also, I'm almost keeping to my schedule for the book revisions (almost, because my main character has been doing some unexpected things, so I've been doing a bit more writing than I planned) and I'm finished with teaching on Monday mornings (double hurrah). I've got a creative writing workshop in the gallery tomorrow with a group of year 4s, which I'm really looking forward to, and then we're all off to London to see Hubby. So, it's all good, really. Oh, and I'm back down to being the weight I was twenty years ago. Yes, smack my bum and call me Slinky McVelvet! (no, don't actually do that, I'd probably clock you one).
Bad news? Well, Twin 2 did really badly on her recent maths assessments and the teacher said that it's not because of her ability in maths, it's because of her reading problems, which means she can't understand the maths questions correctly. Damn that Mr Gove and his pesky educational requirements, why can't he just leave my daughter alone...
But apart from that, it's all good. Got a heap of washing up to do, though. Hope all's well with you xxx

No comments: