Wednesday 7 May 2014

Gareth Malone!

Hey, guess who I saw on camp the other day? Only Gareth Malone. Yes, that Gareth Malone. I know! Who would have thought he'd be in our neck of the woods. The military wives choir are all being very tight-lipped about it, but clearly somethings goin' daahn, innit?
I was just driving out of camp and I saw someone in a car who I recognised, so I gave him a nice big smile. Only later, I realised he wasn't a random bloke from our street, no, it was him off the telly!
I'd already driven halfway down the road by then, so sadly it was too late for me to say, "Oi, aren't you that bloke off the telly?" He must get strange women smiling at him all the time, thinking that they actually know him. But I like to think that my smile was special. He looked like he almost smiled back (no, he didn't - in fact he looked quite grumpy).
So that was last week's excitement. Which semi-celebrity with a vague military connection will it be next? Ross Kemp? I'd give him a cheery smile if I saw him at the camp gates. Oh yes I would!
Better go, work tomorrow (teaching the students about the royal family - not just because the queen is actually my husband's boss, but in the hope that it may in some way help with the incredibly difficult citizenship test, which asks people important British questions such as when were the Corn Laws repealed....).
xxx
ps - and in honour of Gareth Malone, a reminder of the 2011 MWC smash hit!

 The wonderful Military Wives Choir- alternative funny lyrics written by Sarah Myers

Wherever you are, I wish I could get through,
The dog is lost, the fish are dead,
What am I s’posed to do?
Wherever you are, I need to know your PIN,
The bank has called, won’t speak to me
“we have to speak to him”
Light up the darkness, oh, where are the bulbs
You’ve put them somewhere safe and sound,
But no one have you told,
Light up the darkness, oh, where are the keys?
I am locked out of the house
and I may need to call the police.
Wherever I am, I don’t know what to do,
The kids are ill, your mother’s phoned
And wants to speak to you.
Wherever I am, not sure what day it is,
The Sky wont’ work, I have to call,
But they’ll just say “its his”
Light up the darkness, night has come
But I still have to grab a coat and go and mow the lawn,
Light up the darkness, for all my sins,
I must change a fuse, fix countless things
And put out all the bins.

No comments: