Thursday 15 May 2014

Ey oop. It's nearly half past ten and I still haven't loaded Neville or Larry or set Bertha off. I've been at work most of the day. The place I work in the mornings had an ofstead inspection today, and you could have cut the air with a very blunt plastic throwaway knife. Everyone was VERY tense (not to be confused with past tense, past perfect tense, present perfect tense, present perfect continuous tense...I could go on - actually I couldn't, what with my grammar teaching being somewhat limited), except me, because I was the only one not actually being assessed. So, no butterflies in my tummy. And nothing else, either, what with it being a fasting day. Actually I didn't have a totally empty stomach, as a very nice Turkish student had brought in some home made pastries, nom, nom.
So after work I planned next week's lesson, which is about museums. Apparently it's international museum day on 18th May - who knew? (who, for that matter, cared - apart from half-starved ESOL teachers desperate for lesson-planning inspiration). Then took Son to karate and battled with stupidly difficult abstract spellings with Twins. So despite my army of anthropomorhosised (sorry, can't spell any better than my kids) domestic appliances, I still haven't got round to any housewifery, which I really should. I do have an interesting lesson on museums planned, though. And also this short story, which I've just written, coming up next. xxx