Tuesday 10 May 2011

tuesday on the sofa

Hubby is muttering about being 'manipulated' into more guilt-jewellery. It wasn't manipulation, I just asked. And he said yes. Moreover, having just had lunch with my would-have-been trek-mates and seen their photos, I think it's justified, really.

I know my cashmere and silver days are numbered. In three months time we will be back in Blighty, with or without a quarter and a school place for the kids. I'm almost looking forward to going back to shopping at Lidl, actually (wonder if they still do mini onions pickled in balsamic vinegar - yum). Not looking forward to the weather quite so much...but at least I have a nice stock of cashmere to keep me warm (not to mention a nice stock of silver, to keep me sparkly).

Typed up a few scenes today. Poor old heroine's life is really getting pants. Why has everyone lied to her? Why is everything going wrong in her life? She's about to hit rock bottom (I'll be starting those scenes in the morning, and I have to admit I'm looking forward to it a bit - but only because I know it will all eventually work out, and within the next three chapters, too).

Kids are all sitting on the sofa watching Tangled (again). And talking of hair issues, the Twins' hair has started to get that nice budgie green tint to it (or is it canary? can't remember - parakeet, probably) from all the chlorine. They are swimming every day at school. I have threatened them with a tomato sauce hair masque to sort it out, but they don't seem keen. I can't possibly let them go back to the UK with hair like this though as nice H, my hairdresser friend, will probably stab me for crimes to follicles.

Right, need to go and review someone else's book for the youwriteon.com website now (and in return someone will review mine, which is jolly nice).

Take care xxx

ps. another bandh threatened for friday - think the kids will be off school for my birthday (in which case I shall set them to work making a nice big chocolate birthday cake with plenty of fake smarties on top).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think dear hubby must indulge and encourage your shopping over the next three months as once in the UK it will hit him harder. Get the bug blasted!

Amy Waif said...

Well, he's supposed to be taking me to Dwarika's at the weekend...

Amy Waif said...

I agree, but after a night in Dwarika's this weekend, I think it would be rude to insist!