Thursday 16 September 2010

ill again!

Feeling really pretty horrible today - think I have Son's lurgy thing. That's my excuse for not writing up the 'catalyst' scene (where our heroine discovers the big fat family secret that sends her off on a quest of discovery...), and instead falling asleep for an hour in the middle of the day. However, I think the worst is over so I'm going to try to write it now (not as if I need an early night, given my large siesta). Well, not right now, because I'm talking to you now, but, you know, in a minute, when I have procrastinated a bit more first.
Sunil turned up after supper to sort out my saggy-elephant-bottom linen trousers. I know that no amount of tailoring can make my bum look small, but it's a sad day when something actually makes it look bigger than it really is - which was the case with aforementioned (good word, eh) trousers. He's also making me a slinky velvet pencil skirt, no idea when I'll wear it, but hey. I've had to get my tailoring in before Sunil disappears on some mystery business trip to Munich (well, he says Munich, but I suspect he's being recalled to the Mother Ship).
Oh, I didn't tell you about the Bollywood classes, did I?
The first one went very well, thanks. If you think a room full of mildly uncoordinated middle-aged women wiggling their hips and pretending to be young, Asian and slinky counts as 'well'. It only took an hour's class to learn the first fifteen seconds of the routine... quite glad I was at the end that didn't have a huge great mirror on the wall. There's a Bollywood party in a couple of weeks at the embassy, so perhaps we could all do a little exhibition dance?
Right, need to chew some paracetamol and give my heroine something to think about.
(And by the sound of it I also need to give Twin 2 another puff on her inhaler and an extra dose of cough medicine, poor little scrap).
Night, then x

No comments: