Thursday 2 September 2010

norma no mates

I am feeling utterly overshadowed by my children's social lives. This weekend Son has another two parties (I'm getting through that stock of Usborne True Stories books that I accidentally over-ordered earlier this year - who can complain if you give their children books as presents?), and the Twins have a party and a friend for a sleepover. They even have friends over for a sleepover tonight (and it's a school night - shock!).
Still, at least I have the Gurkha wives' Teej party to look forward to next week, which is always a pretty surreal experience (including a tombola and a prize for the best-dressed lady). I have realised, after a whole two years here, that the way to approach gurkha-type events is either to not go at all, or make sure you have plenty of 'journey juice', so you're already half-drunk when you get there. I know, I know, I should be embracing the cross-cultural experience. And I will embrace it, I really will - but only once I've had a nice stiff G&T.
tootle pip!

No comments: