Monday 6 September 2010

Three secret thoughts

  1. And my secret thought today is... how never to invite Twins' friend (we'll call her X so as not to be defammatory) to our house ever again. I'm waiting for X to ask to come over to play, so I can say "No, you can't. And you know why not." But on the other hand, I don't want to fall out with her mother...what can you do?
  2. My other secret thought is...pumpkin and soya bean curry. Have you never tried it? You really should!
  3. And my final secret thought is... yes, it was me who ate the remaining mini mars bar and bag of chocolate buttons from this weekend's party bags. They weren't thrown away by Sanu or snuffled up by Gary. It was me, me, me, and I shall have to do an extra session in the gym to repent.

Hubby is upstairs with Harry Potter. He and Son are both now utterly obsessed. Think I may have to sue JK Rowling for ruining both my marriage and my relationship with my boy.

Wish there were more party bags to plunder...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Army wife...I think your blog is v v interesting.You have a writing style like Sue Townsend (Adrian Mole).Perhaps one day after army life...you could get it published and I am serious.Keep up with writing the blog and your book.

Sounds like little friend "X" was a nightmare...

Amy Waif said...

Thank you Anonymous! I feel a bit like Adrian Mole, actually. Hubby says I ought to write it more often, but I think there's probably quite enough of my navel gazing on there already!