Wednesday 9 March 2011

wednesday

I know, I should be filling lunch boxes and snack pots with enticing and nutritious food, but I'm not ready to face it until I've had at least half a glass of wine. As the years go on, I'm becoming increasingly less excited about peanut butter sandwiches and dried strawberries.
My heroine still hasn't found out the truth about her Dad, although I think she may be beginning to get an inkling. He has, however, agreed to meet her. Will it all come out when they meet, or will she find out some other way (thus compounding her sense of betrayal)? hmmm...not sure myself yet, but I'm sure I will have figured it out by the end of the week.
I had a fairly productive morning, with only relatively small amounts of time staring into space, although I did have to spend some time discussion the merits of tupperware (well, not real Tupperware, but plastic pots with lids) vs just leaving things open in the fridge to dry up and taste funny. I might not have written that extra scene, but I can almost guarantee that there will be no more wilted salads that taste of sour milk in this house.
We have a new-ish cook. I don't want you to think we've sacked Meena, Heaven forbid, but she is now doing job share cooking/cleaning with her husband Manny. Manny is a very sweet older man who was knocked off his bike a year or so ago. The head trauma meant that he had to stop work for a while. He has lost his sense of smell, and taste (not ideal for a cook), and seems a little confused sometimes. However, Meena scurries down importantly every so often and tells him what to do. (Even with no sense of taste or smell he is a far better cook than she ever was...but we have forbidden the children from telling her that).
Hubby is in Pokhara. I suspect he is onto his fourth whisky by now. He did take quite a bit of cash with him, so maybe the dancing dwarfs are in for a treat (not sure what you would treat dancing dwarfs to - teeny tiny new pairs of shoes perhaps?).
Coronation Street is back on at mine tomorrow, which is very exciting - I will finally get to discover whether or not Peter Barlow snuffs it (I think I will be quite sad if he does, especially as Dev has survived - oh, the cruel hand of fate, so indiscriminate & unfair).
Talking of unfair, I weighed myself at the gym this morning and I have put on weight. How can that be right, what with my large intestine being salmonella city these days. Maybe all those bacterium are just really really heavy. It can't possibly be to do with the very tasty biscuits that Manny has been cooking this week, can it?
I have nearly finished my glass of wine now, so I suspect it is time to crack open the peanut butter and dried strawberries and get on with being a proper mum.
cheerio x

ps. if you are interested in what the ball was like, take a look at http://www.partynepal.com/view-photos.php?id=149 and see if you can spot us!

No comments: