Monday 21 March 2011

emergency spa

Had to have emergency session at spa this morning, after a particularly hormonal weekend (at least the swimming pool was open, so I could actually take the kids somewhere whilst I stared, grim-faced and morose, into the middle distance. From today, the swimming pool will be closed, just as it's starting to get lovely and hot, and Twin 2 has begun to learn to swim. Why? Because BGN, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to re-employ the lifeguard as a gate guard and has not got anyone to replace him...we shall now have to wait for HQ to bid for funding and get a lifeguard trainer flown out from the UK to train up someone else. Let's just hope they manage to do it well before the next time I'm hormonal and unstable, or someone may get hurt!)
Anyway, I have at least planned the next twenty-odd scenes of the book this morning (see how much more productive I am after an hour in the spa - it's totally worth the money!), so there is hope in sight for my hapless heroine. I'm also hoping to get some constructive crit from a friend of mine who has been reading the manuscript so far. Lets just hope she's as good at feedback as she is at baking cupcakes...and that I don't cry when she hits me with the amount of holes in my plot and character flaws necessary to revise.
Right now I have a date with the bread maker, or there will be no packed lunches tomorrow.
Cheerio x

No comments: