Monday 14 March 2011

busy, busy, no time for pants!

I've just emailed the real novelist. Yikes. Did I come across as sycophantic, desperate or just plain wierd? All three, probably. Wonder if he will respond to my email?

Have got back to the novel this morning: my protagonist is just about to meet up with her real father. How will she react when she discovers what he does for a living? And what will she do when she finds out the truth about her new boyfriend? Oh, the poor thing. She has a right old time ahead of her until we reach page one hundred and seventy. And at the speed I'm writing these days, it could take months for her life to finally get back on track.

Had a lovely weekend in Kakani with another family. What a joy it is to find other people who are not only nice themselves, but also have nice kids (you would think the two should go together, but in my experience, very rarely do). Horrible to come back and hear the news about Japan, though - almost made me feel guilty about having such a good time over the weekend.

Right, sorry, really must go now as I have four little girls to pick up from school, put into party dresses and deposit somewhere else. And then I have to help Son find the right website to do his maths 'enrichment' homework.

Busy, busy, no time for pants!
Take care, x

No comments: