Tuesday 20 March 2012

Thanks Lion Foods for remembering Mother's Day!

The package was chocolates, hurrah. But the hoody was too small (in retrospect perhaps I was a little ambitious ordering one in a size eight...). But the most mysterious thing of all was that although the card that came with the chocolates said "To the woman I love, Happy Mother's Day, Hubby denied all knowledge of them.
I was briefly excited by the thought of a secret admirer, but the excitement was swiftly followed by feeling well creeped-out. After all, what kind of a man shows his ardour by sending you something on Mother's Day? Only some oedipal wierdo. So the flush of giddiness was replaced by thoughts of being stalked by some strange, probably bearded, chap. Eventually Hubby remembered that he'd entered a competition to win free chocolates for mother's day, but forgotten about it. So it turns out they were from him and not beardy wierdy oedi after all.
Not sure how I feel about the whole thing now. I mean, obviously I'm relieved not to be the victim of a beardy wierdy oedi stalker. And I'm also grateful for the Mother's Day gift. But am I actually grateful to Hubby (who had forgotten all about Mother's Day, and I know I should forgive him, what with him being stuck out in Afghanistan and all that, but I'm not sure I do because my Son, lovely as he is, delivered breakfast in bed by waking me up for it at 7.30 on Sunday morning, and all I seemed to do for the rest of the day was wash up, oh, and the hoody was too small, thus reminding me once and for all that I am not and never will be a size eight, etc.) or grateful to Lion Foods for picking his competition entry? Lion Foods, I guess. Thanks Lion Foods for remembering Mother's Day!

No comments: