Friday 23 March 2012

'I am a genetic clone'

Hi, how are things? I've just been sewing labels saying 'I am a genetic clone' onto the front of the girls' dresses. It's science dress up day tomorrow, and I didn't realise until this week that it was a whole school thing. I knew that son had to dress up as he brought a letter home about it. He decided to be a solar flare, so I bought an orange hoodie and some gold streamers etc. for that, but then when I realised dress up day applied to the Twins as well, I just lost heart with the whole thing. I think school dress up days are probably brilliant if you only have one child, and you have lots of time and creative energy. But, frankly, when you have three it's a bit of a pain in the bum. I contemplated having them go as matter and anti-matter, but that would entail mutual annihilation - and then they wouldn't get to have tea at Erin's house, which would cause a bit of a brouhaha, not to mention the end of the known universe...unless Son decided to go as Higgs Boson, in which case everything would be astro-physically okay, I guess. However, as Son is intent on being a solar flare (and what's more, we have an orange hoodie with streamers attached that will otherwise go to waste), the calming effect of Higgs Boson will be absent, and I don't want to risk the destruction of reality as we know it so...that's why they are going as the little biological miracles they are, bless 'em.
I'm starting to ramble  a bit, aren't I? I should really go to bed.
Night then xxx

No comments: