Tuesday 27 March 2012

Wah-hey!

Wah-hey! I have just finished the scary essay and submitted it to Turnitin (electronic anti-plagiarism site - although I hardly think I'm at risk of plagiarising anyone,  as I can't imagine that anyone else in the world will have written anything like the pseudo academic twaddle that I have managed to cobble together). I honestly have no idea how it will do. I tried really hard to answer the (really complicated) question, so I just have to hope that's good enough. Luckily everyone else was also having problems with it and one of my peers (blimey, it is a bit wierd calling a twenty-four year old bloke my peer) worked out that the scary essay only amounts to one twenty fourth of the total marks for the masters course. I wonder if being up half of last night with a combination of a huge ironing pile and a small girl having a dream about being eaten by pirates counts as extenuating circumstances if it's not?
As a result of my finishing the essay, the washing has not been done, nor the downstairs bathroom (although Bertha has kindly hoovered the living room floor, bless her). The cleaning rota is frowning at me in a matronly way, and I'm fantasizing about picking up a big fat advance for the novel I'm writing and spending it on employing a cleaning lady (and also getting a Brazilian blow dry - well I think it's justifiable, after all, I'll have to look good for all my book-signing tours and interviews on This Morning, etc.)
I now have almost a whole novel (Hallucinating Foucoult by Patricia Dunker - I've started it and it's pretty good so far) to read in time for tomorrow's workshop. Luckily the workshop is starting late tomorrow, not until 2pm, so I might just do it if I make a start tonight.
Must go. Take care xx

No comments: